Moving Office Made Easy
09/03/23 | Uncategorized
Moving office or relocating staff to a new premises can be a very exciting time. However, managing the relocation can prove to be highly stressful and time consuming. Office space is a vital asset to any business, particularly when you have identified a suitable space for you and your employees. Having the perfect space which allows your staff to be happy and productive is invaluable. Sometimes businesses and brands cannot avoid expansion and eventually outgrow their current space. Increased workforce, more production and location are all key factors to consider when thinking of relocating. In some cases, businesses have come full circle from Covid and are asking their employees to return to the office entirely. Whatever the reason for the relocation, it can certainly be a daunting task for employers and managers.
In fact, E. ON have conducted a survey related to moving office. The findings were that moving office is the second most stressful task that employers and managers have to organise. In the same survey it also showed that a staggering 78% of companies stall or even postpone the planned moves. Some actually prefer to endure sub-optimal space and infrastructure which is no longer fit for purpose, rather than undertake the inconvenience of moving.
Where to start?
When it comes to moving office, it’s important to take the time to plan everything out carefully. Here are some key points to help make the process a little smoother.
- First and foremost you need to review your commercial property lease. If you are planning to leave early, it may cost you your deposit. You may also be responsible for any breakages or damage to the space that might occur during the move when removing I.T equipment or built in furniture.
- Plan how you will relocate your electrical equipment and IT without affecting your workflow. Working with a professional moving company who can coordinate with I.T specialists will ensure there is limited downtime to your business.
- Organise crate hire or packing materials at least 2 weeks before your move date. This allows sufficient time for delivery and for employees to pack their belongings.
- Delegate aspects of the move to different managers, and make sure everyone is on the same page. This will help things run smoothly on moving day.
- Get quotes from different moving companies and choose the one that best suits your needs and budget, 3 quotations is usually best.
- Discuss insurance with the removal company. It is very important that the necessary equipment and machinery can be covered by insurance before accepting any quotations.
- Measure the new space accurately and plan your layout accordingly. A floor plan is also extremely beneficial to all parties on moving day.
- Finally, make sure to inform your customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders about the move. This will help to ensure that everyone is aware of the changes and can adjust accordingly.
Moving offices with Aaltonen.
Here at Aaltonen International Moving and Storage, we can offer turnkey moving solutions to businesses and organisations of all sizes. Right through from creating an inventory of goods to the packing, transit and unpacking at the new destination. We have been conducting all sizes of office removals since 1978 throughout Cork and Ireland. Our experienced move co-ordinators will advise you from the very first enquiry. We will conduct a site visit where possible and determine the best course of action including vehicles, packaging, crew members and crate hire. Aaltonen are proud to have our ISO 9001 certification. This affirms our dedication to training our staff to the highest level and maintaining our quality management systems.
Large Scale Relocation Projects
Here at Aaltonen, we specialise in large-scale moving projects in all sectors. So whether you are planning a factory move or your pharmaceutical plant is relocating, we have the knowledge, the skills, the expertise and the equipment to get you and your valuable cargo on the road. Having relocated some the countries largest corporations, we have encountered unique and challenging projects which were meticulously planned and executed seamlessly. If you are looking for a professional and reliable moving company to help you relocate your office, Aaltonen International Moving and Storage is here to help. We have over 45 years of experience in the industry and can offer a turnkey solution that will meet your every need.
Aaltonen International Moving and Storage offers the full spectrum for all your moving needs. We provide a comprehensive service that covers every aspect of your move, from packing and loading to transport and delivery. Our team of experienced professionals are dedicated to providing you with a stress-free and efficient move. We understand the importance of your belongings and use the latest equipment, packing materials and techniques to ensure that your items are safe and secure during transit. We also offer a range of storage solutions to fit your needs, whether you require short-term or long-term storage. Our storage facilities are secure and monitored 24/7, so you can rest assured that your items are in safe hands. For added peace of mind, we also provide insurance cover for all our moves. So, if you’re looking for a professional and reliable moving company, look no further than Aaltonen International Moving and Storage. Contact us today for a free quotation.