How Aaltonen can tailor a move to suit your budget
14/08/17 | Advice and Tips
Move plans to suit you.
There is a common misconception that hiring a reputable premier moving company can be too expensive when on a calculated budget. This is particularly the case for new homeowners and first-time buyers looking to move in Ireland. At this moment, we are seeing a sharp spike in the housing market and ultimately, property prices. I tend to shun the idea when I hear people saying “the boom is back”.
Although the pace of this property price spike shows no signs of letting up, I would like to think we are jumping the gun. The lavish spending of the Celtic Tiger period is still a distant memory for now. Here at Aaltonen, we are acutely aware the current housing prices and the effect it has on potential buyers budgets. We also understand that rent prices and deposits have to be taken into account when moving.
A lot of new homeowners experiment with the “D.I.Y move”. This is initially a very attractive option for those on a strict budget, but be warned… Since 1978 we are continuously hearing two words reoccur… “NEVER AGAIN”! Of course, it is in my best interest to say that, but don’t take my word for it, ask those people for yourself before undertaking such a daunting task.
Moving house is already a hugely stressful time. In fact, it is now said to be one of THE most stressful life events a person can experience. So you have to ask yourself a logical question, why make it even harder? Of course, there are other options such as “man in a van” type websites. These websites often offer extremely generous rates for moving, but as is so often the case, there is an underlying reason for those extremely generous rates.
When moving your valued possessions, having peace of mind is truly invaluable. The last thing you need above all else is for your treasured goods to get damaged or lost. If you have any doubts about the capabilities of the moving company you are planning to hire, then reassess your options before its too late. You need to be safe in the knowledge that ALL of your items arrive in your new home in exactly the same condition that they left their last location. A fully insured, reputable company should always offer to ease your mind during the removal process.
So how can Aaltonen tailor a move to suit your budget? –
- Pack yourself – We provide FREE high-end packaging materials with every move we perform.
- Partial packing service – We can pack your breakables and valued items only – fully insured.
- Move large items only – If you want to save costs you can move the small items and leave the awkward/heavy lifting to us.
- Move items without insurance – Moving your goods without insurance obviously lowers the rate but we do not advise this for most moves.
- Porter Assistance – Perhaps you are moving internally or you have your own vehicles or container. (all of our staff are fully trained/experienced and covered by Public & Employers Liability)
- Hire a skip or Donate to charity! – If you don’t need it or use it, it makes little sense moving it with you. The overall price of your move is indicative of the volume. Be ruthless.
- Unpack yourself – Many hands make light work. Draft in some helpers to help unpack. Only request an unpacking service from us if you really need it.
- Buy packing materials from us – If you still wish to go with the “D.I.Y move” solution you can visit our online shop for all the packing materials we provide for moving home or office.
These are just a number of ways to reduce costs whilst still being safe in the knowledge that you will receive the utmost care and attention that Aaltonen provide with every move. Moving home should be a time of celebration and excitement, not stress and worry. Eliminate the stress and worry. At Aaltonen International Removals & Storage, we ensure to make your move a memorable and pleasurable milestone in your life. Simply put – We make moving easy. Moving house should never be a memory you wish to forget.
So if you are still not convinced and are intent on “Doing it Yourself”, then please feel free to download our Packing Tips and Moving Day Checklist free PDF’s on our website. We wish you every success with your upcoming move and whatever you choose we certainly hope it is a seamless stress-free process. Contact us today on +353214872405 or visit our website and fill out the Get a Quote form and we will provide you with a FREE quotation at no obligation.